Friday 30 April 2010

Whey To Go Baby -- Vegetable Whey Protein Smoothie

www.buybulkwhey.com This is a Vegetable Protein smoothie recipe from Paul F in New Jersey. I didn't know what to think at first, as I have never heard of such a thing. After I made it I realized it tasted a little like a V8 tomato drink (I love tomato juice and V8 so naturally I though this veggie protein smoothie was pretty good). For me it's best server super chilled on ice. Here is Paul's recipe. This is a great way to get a healthy salad in a time pinch "Whey To Go Baby" Vegetable Shake - JPF from Jersey 1 stuffed 8 oz. cup baby spinach 1 cup low salt/fat chicken stock 2 oz. each of pureed carrot, squash, green beans & sweet potato (baby food) 7-8 grape tomato's 1 tsp. EVOOil (extra vergin olive oil) 2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar (this kicks the whole thing up a notch!) 1-2 tbls. Low-fat Ricotta 1 3 tbls. scoop of BBW protein (basically a scoop or two) 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning S&P to taste Serve at any temperature. I didn't do the math, but looking quickly, it can't be more than 300-350 calories total and has a 'gorge-ous' taste. Fresh is always best of course, but the baby food works out as an excellent health sub & time saver. It cost 10 cents an oz (BJ's or Costco), it's already pureed, stored in eco-friendly glass rather than plastic lined cans, clean ingredients with nothing but vegetable & water. Of course, there is the fruit versions for fruit smoothies. I love the pear and peach!





Read More About Whey To Go Baby -- Vegetable Whey Protein Smoothie

Posted via email from Whey Protein Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment