Wednesday 19 May 2010

brunost from the kitchen

an experiment in making brunost or brown cheese is successfull.tasters compare it to a mature cheese (after only 24 hrs).My opinion is that it is not as strong tasting as,for example Gietost,but it has a similar character and similar notes on the palate,with les intensitie.A real gourmet experience which can be made in the kitchen for pennies. Here is the finished wheel before tasting commenced.Brown cheese is made with whey a by product of making other cheese in this case a Ricotta style cheese which was made the previous day.I had known of geitost from a friend from Norway;I did not know how it was made but I did know that it was made using goat milk. I was curious as to what to do with whey which I had from making another cheese thae previous day,from powdered skim cows (bovine)milk.So I googled whey and discovered how to do this. Viola! manifique!!Bon Appetit!! I will make a video showing how to make it soon. How Cheesey!!





Read More About brunost from the kitchen

Posted via email from Whey Protein Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment